Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I missed out, big time


The Smithsburg Carnival is in town! Greg took the girls this evening, while I stayed at home with the baby and a headache. Apparently, I should have sucked it up and gone anyway! They came back revved up, full of stories about rides, prizes, and treats. Lauren told me she went on a dragon roller coaster, a turtle ride, a potato sack slide, a pirate ship, and some kind of spinning ride I didn't quite understand. Melissa went on the roller coaster and the spinning ride, suprising Greg with her bravery. Then I heard about fishing for sharks, and winning prizes. The picture is of the girls clutching their prizes at home. Greg gave me a hard time about all the photo-ops I missed! I have to confess, I was mentally scrapping pages with photos I didn't have as the girls were telling me their stories! Lauren also brought home a bag of cotton candy, and the begging has already begun. I would love to go with the whole family tomorrow, but I've been told that Daddy broke the bank on this trip! The girls are too funny, tumbling over each other to tell me about the dragon ride! There's a lot of fire-breathing going on in the house right now!