Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Lauren!

Oh, I'm a bad, bad mom - it's been nearly a month and I'm just now posting about Lauren's birthday!
She is too funny, half the time she is convinced that she is a "big kid" now, but then she gets cranky and wants to be four again. It's hard being five, there's a lot of new responsibilities and expectations. I know that she really feels some pressure being the big sister; but she will always be my baby!

I was a little dissapointed with her birthday party, but she was happy so I guess that's all that matters. Only three kids from her class came, and her two best friends from our old neighborhood, and her best friend from across the street. I had planned for a lot more, so we really had a lot of stuff left over! Lauren was thrilled to see Rachel and Elizabeth, and I was glad they were able to stay for a longer visit. The moonbounce from Jess was a huge hit, and so were the dinosaur themed goodie bags.

I won't go into the things that dissapointed me about the party, because I'm trying to let go of negative stuff like that. Lauren had a great party and now she has some special memories of her 5th birthday, so that's what's important, right?

We also had a little family party for Lauren on the actaul day of her birthday. She was really excited to be able to decorate her own cake - I think this is a new birthday tradition! She was so excited about her gifts (of course), and to my relief she loves dinosuars again. I had a few bad moments earlier in the month when she deicded dinos were to scary, after I ordered all her presents and decorations, of course! Thank goodness five year olds are not known for their consistancy!